Initializing a chip
With the OwnerChip Demo app you can interact with physical objects that are securely linked to digital tokens on a blockchain. The app enables users to initialize NFC chips, create digital twins, scan and verify objects, and connect to a crypto wallet. In this article, we will show you how to use the OwnerChip Demo app to initialize an NFC chip embedded in a physical object.
To initialize an NFC chip with the OwnerChip Demo app, you will need:
- A physical object with an embedded Infineon SECORA Blockchain NFC chip
- A smartphone with NFC capability and internet connection
- The OwnerChip Demo app installed on your smartphone
- A MetaMask wallet set up on your smartphone
MetaMask is a popular crypto wallet that allows users to interact with various blockchains and decentralized applications (DApps). MetaMask also acts as an identity provider that proves your ownership of your digital assets. You will need MetaMask to sign the transaction that creates the token on the blockchain. You don’t need any cryptocurrency to use MetaMask or OwnerChip Demo app, as OwnerChip covers the network fees for you.
Here are the steps to initialize an NFC chip with the OwnerChip Demo App
1) Download the OwnerChip Demo app from the App Store or Play Store.
2) Download MetaMask from the App Store or Play Store and follow the set up instructions in the app.
3) Open the OwnerChip Demo app. Press the “Initialize Chip” button.
4) Hold your phone near the NFC chip embedded in the physical object, as indicated on the screen. The app will detect the chip and read its ID.
5) Add an image, name, description for the object. You can also add multiple traits that describe its features or characteristics. For example, if your object is a painting, you can add traits such as artist name, year of creation, style, medium, etc.
6) Press “Create Token”. The app will upload the metadata and image to IPFS and create a token on the blockchain.
7) The app will switch to MetaMask. In MetaMask, you have to sign the transaction that creates your token on the blockchain. You don’t need any cryptocurrency to do this, as OwnerChip covers the network fees for you.
8) Success! Your token has been created and should show up in the OwnerChip Demo app. You can view your token on OpenSea or Rarible and you can also check your transaction on a blockchain explorer.
Congratulations! You have successfully initialized an NFC
Verifying ownership and authenticity of your object
1) Press the “Tap an item” button.
2) Hold your phone close to the NFC chip embedded in the object. The app will detect the chip and verify the authenticity of the chip.
3) Check the results, which show if the object is authentic and if you own the corresponding NFT. The app will display the metadata of the authenticity token, such as the name, description, image and the corresponding token id of the object. It will also search for the matching NFT in your connected MetaMask wallet and confirm your ownership.
That’s it! You have successfully verified the ownership and authenticity of a physical object using the OwnerChip app. You can also use the app to initialize new chips and create new NFTs for your objects. For more information, visit www.ownerchip.com or download the OwnerChip Demo App from Apple AppStore or Google PlayStore.